The purpose and mission of Bethesda Lutheran Church is to know Christ and to make Christ known through prayer, worship, Bible studies, and other ministries.
Important Notes Regarding Services
- Regular in-person Divine Services are resuming as of May 17, 2020. We will be following the guidelines listed here.
- We will continue to deliver recorded Sunday Divine Services, which will be available to view on Facebook and YouTube.
- All announcements and notifications will be delivered through email, the church website and church Facebook.
Thank you for keeping yourself and your loved ones safe and healthy. Prayer requests may be passed to the prayer chain using the form below.
Sunday Morning Activities (Regular Schedule)
- Worship: 9:00 a.m. *We are resuming regular Divine Services as of May 17, 2020. Other activities remain suspended unless otherwise noted.
- (Holy Communion is offered on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month.)
- Adult Bible Classes: September through May
- 8:00 a.m. section meets in Classroom 2, led by Gaylan Sieg
- 10:30 a.m. sections meet in Classroom 2, led by Pastor Jake, and in the Library, led by John Staben
- Sunday School (preschool-high school): 10:30 a.m.
Harlan and Mae Niedermyer Scholarship
$1100.00 for Fall River area residents interested in pursuing a higher degree in healthcare
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
Harlan and Mae Niedermyer have been residents of Hot Springs for the past 50 years. They came to Hot Springs to finish up their careers in the healthcare field. Mae was a registered nurse for over 40 years and Harlan ran the X-Ray Department at the VA Medical Center until their retirements in 1979.
Harlan and Mae are currently both over the age of 100 and would like to establish scholarships to help Fall River area residents that are interested in pursuing a higher degree in the healthcare field.
The recipients for these scholarships will be chosen by a committee from Bethesda Lutheran Church where the Niedermyers were long-time members. This will be an ongoing scholarship and we encourage you to apply. Scholarship amounts may vary over time.
- Bethesda School Chapel: Wednesdays at 8:45 a.m. through the school year
- Sewing Circle: 2nd and 4th Mondays at 1:30 p.m.
- Contact: Lillian Hagen
- Vice President: Carol Grover
- Choir Practice: Mondays at 6:00 p.m.
- Director: Georgia Holmes
- Lutheran Women’s Missionary League: Scheduled Saturdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Contact: Liz Lorang
- Vice President: Carol Grover
- Ladies’ Bible Study: Fridays at 9:00 a.m. in Fellowship Hall
Note: We are resuming in-person Divine Services as of May 17, 2020.
Special Midweek Worship Services are normally held during Advent and Lent each Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
Soup Suppers are served preceding each Wednesday Worship Service beginning at 5:00 pm.
The philosophy of worship at Bethesda Lutheran Church is summed up in Paul’s words to the Corinthians when he said, “For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified,” and in his letter to the Romans when he said, “I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.”
In Christ, for the Church
and the World