The 100th Anniversary celebration will begin on Saturday evening, July 6th, for a casual supper meal from 5 – 8 PM. This will be held under a large tent set up on the Bethesda property in the open field of the playground. The main feature of the meal will be pulled pork. During this time, a time capsule that was placed in the
foundation of the original Bethesda church building will be opened.
On Sunday morning, July 7th , the 100th Anniversary worship service will begin at 9 AM at Bethesda Lutheran Church. Our featured speaker will be former Bethesda pastor and current SD District President of The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod, Scott Sailer. The service will include communion and other returning former pastors.
Following the service there will be the opportunity to view a looping video of historical pictures in the Bethesda Fellowship Hall as well as other displays. In addition, there will be an anniversary reception served back under the tent to include cake and a light lunch. We hope you will join us for this celebration!
It has been decided that a Thank Offering will be collected. In the 100th Anniversary bulletin there will be a special envelope. The envelope will be used to collect money to help Evergreen Lutheran Church at Porcupine replace their two aging church vans which are used to bring people to worship. Evergreen Lutheran is the church that Larry & Doris Belitz serve as missionaries to. Please consider giving to this special ministry. Thank you!
- Would you be willing to purchase a set of flower bouquets to go on each side of the altar? Flowers in orange, yellow and/or red would be especially pretty next to the 100th anniversary logo banner.
- Do you have pictures or mementos of Bethesda happenings that you would like to share? Please be sure to mark these with your name.
- Thrivent Action Team money has been requested for painting the church basement. The planned painting day is Saturday, June 8, at 9 AM and if needed, Sunday, June 9. Can you assist?
- Does anyone have a power washer that you would be willing to use to power wash the church siding?
- We are still looking for a photographer to take pictures during the event. This will include taking a picture of the returning pastors for the Lutheran Witness.