- Bring a Healthy Lunch and snacks in a labeled lunch container. Store in school refrigerator upon arrival. Please make sure lunch box items do not have to be cooled or heated on field trip days.
- Send a labeled water bottle to school with your child. We will keep the water bottles throughout the summer program and return them to you at the end of the summer. Please make sure the water bottle has a lid or some type of seal to help with spills.
- Please make sure you provide labeled sunscreen and apply it to your child before dropping them off. By sending sunscreen you are giving staff permission to help them apply it before water play and afternoon outside play. If you do not wish your child to wear sunscreen you must provide appropriate clothing (i.e. long sleeves and large hat). Please note tht Bethesda will not provide sunscreen for your child.
- Bring a set of labeled clothing including sun hat, underwear, socks, top and bottom that are appropriate for hot weather. Please place clothing in a zip lock bag with your child’s name and current grade/age.
- Please send a nap blanket for your child if they are between ages 3-5. Please do not send any stuffed animals to summer care with your child. We can only permit these on special occasion days. Please write names on nap things with a permanent marker. It is expected that nap items be take home each week to launder.
- Please do not send toys of any type with your child. These are only permitted on special occasion days and we will provide you with a schedule for these days.
- Make sure to send a bathing suit (or swim clothes) and towel on water days. Make sure your child has appropriate shoes to change into if they are wearing water shoes (NO flip flops please). Make sure you send sunscreen and apply it to your child before dropping them off for water day. Staff will assist in reapplying sunscreen that you provided for the child.
- Bethesda requires that all medicine for your child has a permission form signed by you with the correct dosage and times to be administered. Refer to ELC Handbook for more information. Please inform the desk and ELC Director of food, animal, plant, allergies or other concerns before the summer program begins!
- Thank you and Welcome to Bethesda Lutheran Church & School!
2019 ELC Summer Enrichment Program Supply List