We Are Bethesda Lutheran Church and School in Hot Springs, South Dakota.
We are a Christian community dedicated to joyfully serving our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and others in Christian love to one another and to the people of the southern Black Hills of South Dakota. We do so by offering regular worship services, adult and youth ministries, and Bethesda Lutheran School and Early Learning Center.
We are equipped for service through the regular study of God’s Word, the Sacraments, worship and prayer, and through the opportunities of fellowship offered by the congregation. In addition, Bethesda offers full time Christian education through its Lutheran accredited primary school, preschool, and its year-long child care and enrichment for parents and children of the church and community.
Bethesda Lutheran Church and School is a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod and its worldwide missionary endeavors. It was founded in November of 1919.
- Announcements for End of May & Beginning of June 2020
- Announcements for the week of May 10, 2020
- Instructions for Church Services beginning May 17th
- Bethesda Early Learning Center enrollments are open for summer!
Important Notes Regarding Services
- Regular in-person Divine Services are resuming as of May 17, 2020. We will be following the guidelines listed here.
- We will continue to deliver recorded Sunday Divine Services, which will be available to view on Facebook and YouTube.
- All announcements and notifications will be delivered through email, the church website and church Facebook.
Thank you for keeping yourself and your loved ones safe and healthy. Prayer requests may be passed to the prayer chain using the form below.
“Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, ‘Do you want to get well?’
“‘Sir,’ the invalid replied, ‘I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.’
“Then Jesus said to him, ‘Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.’ At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.” John 5:2-9a
Bethesda Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions, and other school-administered programs.